Disability Confident Employer
In 2016 we became a Disability Confident Employer, registered with the Government as a business which recognises that many disabled people have the skills, talents and experience that we are looking for.
This voluntary scheme, which replaces the previous Two Ticks standard, aims to help employers value the work of disabled people and those with long-term health conditions and ensure they have opportunities to fulfil their potential.
As part of our commitment, we conduct self-assessments to ensure that we are meeting our responsibilities in recruiting and retaining disabled people, and that we are also:
- actively looking to attract and recruit disabled people
- providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- flexible when assessing people so that disabled applicants can demonstrate that they can do the job
- making reasonable adjustments (such as adaptations to premises or equipment) as required
- supporting staff to manage their disabilities or health conditions
- encouraging suppliers to be Disability Confident
Since then we have also become a member of the Business Disability Forum, which is the world’s leading business organisation for improving disability confidence with employers.